What is a Random Acts of Caring (RAC)?
A Random Act of Caring or RAC is a selfless act performed by people to either help or cheer up a random stranger, for no reason other than to love our neighbor as God instructed us to do so.
Either spontaneous or planned in advance, RACs are simple things we can do to help build a better loving, caring, and connected community. Just think how different this world would be if everyone took a few minutes out of their week to do something for someone else. Start today and make someone’s day better.
(Click here to see all of the rocks currently hidden)
Examples of RACs:
A Random Act of Caring can be just about anything that helps a stranger in need or brightens their day. Here are a fee examples of things you can do.
1. Leave money on a vending machine for someone
2. Bake cookies for the elderly
3. Serve at a homeless shelter
4. Do a 5k for a good cause
5. Help at a veterinarian office
6. Pick up litter on the beach
7. Let someone go in front of you in line
8. Give a stranger a compliment
9. Make dinner for a family in need
10. Insert coins into someone’s parking meter
11. Buy flowers to hand out on the street
12. Pack an extra lunch for the day and give it to someone that is homeless
13. Buy a movie ticket for the person behind you
14. Pay for someone’s meal at a restaurant
15. Write letters to soldiers
16. Donate Christmas gifts to an orphanage
17. Participate in a fundraiser
18. Use your allowance to donate to a charity
19. Hold open the doors for people
20. Thank a teacher with a gift
21. Donate your old clothes to the Salvation Army
22. Help a senior with their groceries
23. Shovel a neighbor’s driveway when it snows
24. Walk a neighbor’s dog
25. Babysit for free
26. Leave your waiter a generous tip
27. Do a favor without asking for anything in return
28. Hold the elevator for someone
29. Show the new kids around your school
30. Help someone who has a flat tire
31. Write a kind or encouraging message on a napkin
32. Do a sibling’s chores without them asking
33. Pay for a stranger’s library fees
34. Send Valentine’s Day cards to everyone in your class
35. Spend a day at a homeless shelter
36. Give drinks out to people on a hot day
37. Start mentoring a younger child
38. Bring in donuts for your co-workers
39. Help a child or older person cross the street
40. Water a neighbor’s lawn/flowers
41. Offer to snap a photo for a large group so they can all be in it
42. Give someone a gift card that you don’t intend to use
43. Wash someone’s car
44. Read to kids at the library for storytime
45. Pay for someone’s dry cleaning
Congratulations on your find! As stated on the rock, by taking the rock you have pledged to pay forward a random act of caring (RAC).
Once you have completed your RAC, take a picture of the rock.
"Hide" your rock in a new location. It can be wherever you want, but please remember that we want these to be found. So don't make it too hard for the next person.
Post your picture to the Mt Hope Rocks FACEBOOK page. Please include the following information in your post:
Any other # found on the rock
Where and When you found it.
General location of its new hiding place
Short description of your RAC (Optional)
Come back often to the Mt Hope Rocks Facebook page and search for your rock's # to see how your little rock can make such a big wave across the world.
Then start looking for another rock and begin the ripple again!